Friday, November 28, 2008

Creativity and Obsession

Deb wrote in her blog about Dec. being the worst month for writers. For me, it has been Nov. and that's related to Christmas as well. I decided to do a picture of our family tree for my brother, sister and Mom. That involved doing genealogy and and creating this tree. Well, the genealogy is like leaping into a bottomless pool. It can become obsessive though you may look at it from the outside as something little old ladies do with too much spare time. Well, looks are deceiving. And I'm still working on it. So, I've only written 14 pages this month. That's about 8-10 pages short and doing that much was a real struggle. So, I've decided dividing my creative energies away from writing fiction is not a good idea. Making earrings and jewelry pins- OK. Doing major genealogy and family tree creating- too much. As soon as I finish this project- that's it. I also need to restructure my writing time. I need to make a decision on which piece to put all my energies on to complete.

1 comment:

Minion GIR said...

Good on ya. Have you made your decision which one to pursue? I know it's hard to choose between your children, but sometimes one needs the attention NOW.

Good luck.