Sunday, October 5, 2008

Darkwing World

I'm in Darkwing world again. There's something comforting about that world, since I made it wholly up. I can go anywhere in it and make anything of it as long as I'm consistent.
When I'm in that other world, the historical one, I can't make a move without fretting over the historical accuracy of it. I can learn and learn everything about the early 13th century and it still would not be enough. Plus I don't live in England as the best novelists on English history seem to. In fact, I've only been there once, for a week. But I love history. And I really do like writing The Monk's Sister, it's just a challenge. It makes me work, which I often feel too lazy for. Right now, I'm just enjoying being in my other, less challenging world.

1 comment:

Ali said...

That's absolutely one of the best things about fantasy - they're your rules & your worlds.