Friday, November 6, 2009

Trouble Getting Back To Rewrite

Well, there it sits. On my computer and on paper. Darkwing that is. I was afraid this would happen. I have trouble getting back to things after I've gone on to something else. Now I'm involved in Alma and Teo. Still rewriting the first chapter. Then I'll get the second chapter back from critique at the end of the month and I'll want to work on that. I know its a matter of willpower. But when I'm writing or rewriting a book, I'm involved in it. I daydream about it. And Darkwing is not in my head anymore. It's been 2 1/2 months and I'm worried.

1 comment:

Jenny Maloney said...

Don't worry. When rewrite time comes, then you won't focus on the new thing. Right now, I think that you need to let Darkwing sit, or you won't come back to it with fresh eyes. Seriously. Enjoy the new thing. When you're done with the new thing, then hit the rewrite for Darkwing. I, for one, have a hard time working on a rewrite while working on new things. I can work on new things at once, and edit multiple things at once, but I can't switch from writing to editing very easily. Maybe you need to finish up your new digs and then reworkd them both together.