Wednesday, May 6, 2009
The Need to Write
I find when something disturbing happens, I need to write. I find a greater need to write in those times than to talk. Writing and reading helps me make sense of the world in a way nothing else does for me. I sometimes I wish I were the kind of person who could talk out a disturbance or meditate it away. I can do those things, in fact, and they help but nothing is complete until it is written down. Thus the disturbance in the universe that came with Fred passing away so suddenly. What disturbed me the most was that he didn't get to finish his writing. I leave questions of the completeness of his life in other senses to Higher Power. But there's no way he completed his writing. That makes me angry. And I can't not write that. The fact that it isn't rational or is one dimensional or taking into account all that Fred was is beside the point for me. And also beside the point is that I can't do a thing about it. He should have been able to finish his writing. And I'm angry about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment