All this competition! Is it the Olympic season? Something in the water? I'm trying to repress the impulse to analyze the crap out of this. Something on the order of analyzing group dynamics. Anyway, it makes my head hurt. Almost as much as Oliver's recent blog. In any case, competition has not always been a friendly concept to me. In other words, if we all came into the writer's group and gave each submission an Olympic type score: 1 through 10, I'd head for the exit. This current competition is about quantity instead of quality, so that's doable. Anyway, I decided to up my own personal goal to one new page a day. Now, that's not something that will cause the crowd to go into the wave, but it is double my previous output. I'm sort of a one toe in the water and then wade in instead of diving in kind of person.
I watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics tonight with my daughter, can you tell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whatever gets you in the water :)
Post a Comment