Saturday, July 31, 2010

Great Writing Contest of 2010

I sent in the proof of my less than winning word count an hour and twenty minutes early. If it does turn out to be John, congratulations. You pushed me beyond measure. I proved to myself that I can do 700-1000 words on most days. So, if I ever work less than full time, I will have no excuse but to do that much daily. If I continue this pace, I'm not sure if my health will stand it. However, I can do 500 words a day, when I'm writing the rough draft, from now on. That's almost 2 pages and double what my previous output was for rough drafts. Maybe we should have a great re-writing contest next, so I can see what my output could be when I push myself on rewrites. Anyway, thanks to all of my fellow contest participants. I didn't do any writing today. I decided hosting a birthday party for the under 11 set was enough excitement for one day. It'll take me awhile to recover from that as well.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'd sign up for a rewriting contest.