Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Inaguration Day
I got to watch it at work, which was unexpected treat. We were standing around a little T.V., about 10 of us, to watch it. I can hardly believe it. President Obama. It does feel like the start of something, not just a presidential term. What strikes me most about him and the day is how much energy there is in it. And how much cynicism, when that arises, saps the energy of people. And anxiety, that's my curse, that's the other energy sapper (word?). But when you don't have either, how much force can come out. It came both from the crowd and from the new president. What is it that keeps your energy sapped? Is is the petty irritations and minutae of life or is it something bigger? I wouldn't want to get to the end of my life and figured out I'd wasted it on petty emotions and insecurity. I admire and treasure that pure energy that comes from this day, even though I did have a disappointment at the end of it, from my family. Just to remind me that these little tests come fast and often to challenge me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment