Friday, June 6, 2008

Designer of Pringles Can Buried In His Invention

That was a headline a few days ago. This guy, Fredric J. Bauer, designed the can years and years ago and his ashes were buried in it at his own request.
It seems like. someday, we'll all be looking for our own pringles cans to be buried in. Perhaps our ashes can be sprinkled over our published books and buried in their own tiny grave. Or paintings, or recordings, or whatever we do. Perhaps some can have theirs woven into their needlework. Anything to show, "I did this. I was here!" I used to say I wanted my ashes sprinkled over the Sabino Canyon streams (in Tucson, where I lived for 17 years). But I think I like this idea better. Now I just need the published book, a manuscript just wouldn't do.

2 comments:

Jenny Maloney said...

Mary Shelley pressed Percy Shelley's heart in a book--the way you would press a flower. She's buried with it.

Interesting stuff.

I believe that there's something odd with Byron's heart too...either his body is buried Westminster and his heart is buried in Greece or the other way around.

See? You don't have to pick just one thing. =)

The One and Only John said...

I kind of like Hunter S. Thompson's way, having his ashes shot out of a cannon. I think it was a cannon.